BAMMA 35 takes place from Dublin’s ‘3 Arena’ this Saturday night featuring some of the best in British and irish MMA. Follow along with all the live results as they happen.
BAMMA 35 returned to the 3 Arena this past Saturday night with a host of explosive fights and the much anticipated billing of bouts did not disappoint an expectant crowd.
Writing Irish was there to cover all the action.
Fabian Edwards certainly kicked off the main card in style with a first minute stoppage over Caludio Conti. The Englishman landed a perfectly executed left body kick to the liver that crumpled Conti.
Edwards followed up with a couple of strikes for good measure but the damage had certainly been done and Edwards, now with 5 finishes, is surely on the cusp of a title shot in the very near future
In the much anticipated co-main event between Kiefer Crosbie and Josh Plant, the hype did not disappoint.
In a back and forth war, Crosbie was cheered on by fellow team mate Conor McGregor at cage side.
Both men went back and forth exchanging big blows. Crosbie landed cleanly several times but Plant demonstrated a sturdy chin and landed some nice shots of his own but pushing forward, the Englishman looked to be gassed and it was a crunching right hand that dealt the final blow as Crosbie gained his victory and sets his sights firmly on the BAMMA world title.
In the main event, Ion Pascu delivered a dominating performance and showed off his wrestling prowess against Alex Lohore who looked demoralised from the opening round after getting taken down at will.
In earlier action, preliminary fights got underway with a bang and delivered a series of wild finishes and close fights.
Impressing on the evening was James Sheehan. In a tightly fought battle, he overcame some early adversity having been dropped early to come from behind and sink in a tight rear naked choke against Dillon Manning.
In his pro debut, Diarmuid O’Buachalla made quick work of Martin Ward in just over 31 seconds as he burst across the cage and landed a flurry of punches that halted the contest in the very first round.
In a contender for fight of the night honours, Blaine O’Driscoll made a name for himself in the flyweight division in a wild first round that saw him get dropped badly by Liverpool native Aaron Robinson.
Robinson who was on the verge of victory was unable to sink in a rear naked choke and just as he was attempting to readjust his position, O’Driscoll reversed the position and found himself taking his back with ease and cinched in his own rear naked choke to snatch victory from the Englishman in front of a raucous Dublin crowd.
- Welterweight: Ion Pascu def. Alex Lohore via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Welterweight: Kiefer Crosbie def. Josh Plant via TKO (punches) 3:47, Round 1
- Middleweight: Fabian Edwards def. Caludio Conti via TKO (body kick and punches) 1:00, Round 1
- Flyweight: Blaine O’Driscoll def. Aaron Robinson via submission (rear naked choke) 2:52, Round 1
- Lightweight: Anthony Taylor def. Dean Barry via submission (rear naked choke) 0:39, Round 2
- Welterweight: Maciek Gierszewski def. Karl McCallig via TKO (punches) 3:16, Round 1
- Lightweight: Myles Price def. Phil Raeburn via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lightweight: Sam Slater def. Jeanderson Castro via submission (rear naked choke) 2:36, Round 2
- Welterweight: Daniel Olejniczak def. Steve Owens via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Bantamweight: Pawel Politylo def. Nathan Kelly via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Middleweight: Diarmuid O’Buachalla def. Martin Ward via TKO (punches) 0:31, Round 1
- Welterweight:James Sheehan def. Dillon Manning via submission (rear naked choke) 2:45, Round 1
- Bantamweight: Matiss Zaharovs def. Austin Lynch via TKO (punches) 2:33, Round 2
- Welterweight: Mark Gallivan def. John Byrne via submission (rear naked choke) 1:30 Round 3