With the press conferences and build up behind us, it’s time to move forward to the action inside the Octagon on Saturday night as Conor McGregor returns to face lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Las Vegas has been host to some of the finest fights in combat sports history and tonight, it once again proves to be the place to be for massive fights.
Conor McGregor returns to MMA action after almost 2 years of absence. The Irishman is attempting to regain his lightweight title against current 155lbs champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov.
With both fighters making weight with no issue yesterday, attention is now given solely to the Octagon and you can keep up to date with all the action across The Writing Irish platforms.
12 fights make up UFC 229 and it all begins at 11:30pm Irish time with Conor McGregor expected to make the walk to the cage at around 5am Sunday morning.
Live updates will appear right here on the site while round by round analysis of each fight can be found over on our Twitter.
UFC 229 Main Card (3am – BT Sport 2)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Conor McGregor via submission (rear naked choke) – 3:03, Round 4
- Tony Ferguson def. Anthony Pettis via TKO (corner stoppage) – Round 2, 5:00
- Dominick Reyes def. Ovince Saint Preux via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Derrick Lewis def. Alexander Volkov via KO (punches) – 4:49, Round 3
- Michelle Waterson def. Felice Herrig via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 30-27)
UFC 229 – Prelims (1am – BT Sport 2/UFC Fight Pass)
- Jussier Formiga def. Sergio Pettis via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28)
- Vicente Luque def. Jalin Turner via KO (punches) – 3:52, Round 1
- Aspen Ladd def. Tonya Evinger via TKO (punches) – 3:26, Round 1
- Scott Holtzman def. Alan Patrick via KO (elbows) – 3:42, Round 3
UFC 229 – Fight Pass Prelims (UFC Fight Pass Prelims – 11:30pm)
- Yana Kunitskaya def. Lina Lansberg via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Nik Lentz def. Gray Maynard via TKO (head kick and punches) – 1:19, Round 2
- Tony Martin def. Ryan LaFlare via TKO (head kick and punches) – 1:00, Round 3