The first big event to be hosted in Ireland is fast approaching and Bellator 217 has added a host of Irish fighters to it’s finalised fight card for next month’s event.
The 3 Arena is no stranger to big MMA events and when Bellator arrive back to the capital, Irish eyes will hopefully be smiling after some of the sport’s up and coming stars aim to shine a little brighter on February 23rd.
James Gallagher is back in action and headlines the card after suffering his first loss of his professional career. The “Strabanimal” is certainly not shy in expressing himself when it comes to pre fight build up but did not hide away from his loss in which he was on the receiving end of a big KO finish from Ricky Bandejas last year.
Gallagher is hoping to make amends in front of an expectant home crowd as he takes on Steven Graham a former competitor on the UFC’s reality TV show, The Ultimate Fighter.
Also on the card, Peter Queally returns to Irish soil to take on Myles Price in a contest that has been bubbling away nicely as we edge ever closer to fight night.
Queally believes that he is representing Ireland, SBG and team mate, Conor McGregor when he takes on Price who was involved in some controversy when he left SBG to assist UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov in his preparation for his fight against Conor McGregor last year.
The full fight card for Bellator 217 can be seen below.
- James Gallagher vs. Steven Graham
- Peter Queally vs. Myles Price
- Sinead Kavanagh vs. Olga Rubin
- Kiefer Crosbie vs. Daniel Olejniczak
- Will Fleury vs. Shaun Taylor
- Karl Moore vs. Yannick Bahati
- Ryan Curtis vs. Luis Gonzalez
- Ian Cleary vs. Micky Doran
- Walter Gahadza vs. Ruben Crawford
- Sam Slater vs. Chris Duncan
- Paul Redmond vs. Charlie Leary
- Richard Kiely vs. Mickael Bucher
- Leah McCourt vs. Hatice Ozyurt
- John Redmond vs. George Tokkos
- Richie Smullen vs. Adam Gustab
- Dylan Logan vs. Andrew Murphy